DuPage County DUI Defense Lawyer Helping You Cut Costs
The true cost of a DUI extends far beyond the court costs and attorneys fees. In fact, the state of Illinois estimated that the average cost of a DUI conviction is over $16,000. In many ways, people accused of DUI cannot afford to lose. Investing in an experienced DUI defense attorney is critical. The best results happen when you work with a lawyer who will really do something for you instead of telling you to plead guilty.
At the law offices of Michael T. Norris, Ltd. and John W. Callahan, Ltd., we recognize that winning your case can often be the more cost-effective option. That's one of the reasons our DuPage County criminal defense attorneys fight for you. We help you minimize the cost of a DUI by working hard right from the start.
Using Every Possible Advantage
Quite often, a successful outcome in a case can depend on how fast legal motions and subpoenas are filed. We make sure that every possible advantage is used from the moment we take your case until we resolve it favorably for you.
If you do not take action after a DUI arrest, you could be facing the costs of a conviction:
- Insurance: The additional cost of high-risk insurance can be as much as $1500 and it is required for three years.
- Legal fees: Certain fees are required to enter a plea and obtain a hardship driving permit.
- Court costs: You may face fines up to $2500, court costs of $500, reimbursements for towing and storage of your vehicle of $250 and a trauma center fund payment of $100.
- Income loss: If you are required to spend time in jail, classes or community service, you may miss as much as four weeks of work.
- Rehabilitation/treatment: Remedial substance abuse classes cost $50 and counseling fees can be $200.
- Driver's license reinstatement: It can cost over $500 to get your driver's license back.
- BAIID: Installation of a BAIID is about $100. Monthly rental and monitoring fees are also required.
You may also face additional costs for medical treatment if there is a crash involving injuries or death. People you injure while driving under the influence may sue you for damages. In-patient substance abuse programs may also be required, and your health insurance will probably not cover the total cost.
Avoid DUI Costs. Avoid a Conviction.
The best way to avoid costs is to avoid a drunk driving conviction. To get started, contact Michael T. Norris, Ltd. and John W. Callahan, Ltd., today. Call us toll free at 1-877-335-6693 or contact us online for a free and confidential consultation. Our phones are answered 24 hours a day.